I’d love to say I have a standard recipe for hummus. I don’t – but I try to!!
I deviate from the standard recipe by putting macadamia oil in instead of olive oil and when ever possible I put in roast garlic rather than fresh garlic.
Basically I blend:
- a can of chick peas (garbanzo beans),
- the rind of 1 lemon,
- the juice of one juicy lemon,
- 2-4 cloves of roasted garlic (roast extra and have in the fridge for a few days for inspiration!!),
- about 2 tablespoons of tahini paste (I try to use unhulled – more calcium – and a teaspoon full for the cook! Yum!)
- pinch of salt
- Enough macadamia oil to make it a nice smooth consistency
One variation I love is add cumin powder as well to the blending.
Or roasted pumpkin – roast the pumpkin until soft. Firstly, in a bowl, cover the diced pumpkin with olive oil and cumin powder, roast then use it for this hummus or roast veggie salad or in a soup or as a spread or in quinoa breakfast cereal.